Weekly Trials and Tribulations of the Scenic City Chapter of the TTA

Weekly Trials. Tribulations and Photos experienced while hiking

Ascalon on the CCT 4.10.18

What an absolutely beautiful day for a hike.  The sky was a beautiful blue and only a light jacket was needed.  Maybe the only complaint was that we were probably a week early for the wildflowers. There were 11 hikers on this 5 mile hike that I would rate as easy.  I'm sorry about several pictures of Phil's back, it's just that he was always just in front of me.  The hike took 2 hours and 45 minutes.  One of my favorite wildflowers is the Dwarf Iris which you can tell as I took several pictures.  We left one car at the Ascalon Trail Head and then started the hike at Cloudland Canyon.  Do to some time restraints, part of the group ate at Firehouse Subs in Red Bank and some ate at the Pigeon Mtn. Grill.  If you would like to see some pictures as well as a map and altitude graph click here.  Also if I left out something, let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment