Weekly Trials and Tribulations of the Scenic City Chapter of the TTA

Weekly Trials. Tribulations and Photos experienced while hiking

Stinging Falls Fork 12.4.18

Where should I start.  Things didn't go so well on this hike.  No injuries, but I didn't do a very good job of keeping everybody together.  As hike leader on this hike, it was my job to try to keep the 19 hikers organized and together.  It all started with my hike description.  It was to be a fairly short hike but it was steep and rocky.  I didn't state this well in the description.  Because of this, the group became really split up on the way down.  We decided to do a short hike on a new trail being built so some hikers left on this trail while others were just arriving at the Falls.  Needless to say, I couldn't keep track of everyone.  My apologies.   Anyway, we all made it back to the trail head eventually.  Me being the last to arrive and totally exhausted.  I hope everyone got their monies worth on this hike.  The temp. was in the low 40's and overcast.  The falls were really roaring and beautiful.  The total distance I hiked was only 3.3 miles, but if you look at the altitude graph, the change in altitude was 952 ft.  The max speed was 3.0mph with the moving average being 2.4 mph.  The time of the hike was just about 3 hours and 20 minutes.  After the hike we ate at Jacob Myer's and I had the not so good Fish N Chips.  Too much batter!  If you would like to see some pictures including maps and altitude graph, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment