Weekly Trials and Tribulations of the Scenic City Chapter of the TTA

Weekly Trials. Tribulations and Photos experienced while hiking

Sluder Lane to Big Soddy Creek 5.25.19

It was a rather warm and humid day on the mountain.  When the hike was completed the temperature was 88 F.  There were 7 hikers that decided to try this hike on Memorial Day weekend.  I did not descend down to Deep Creek as I had completely run out of energy.  Therefore, my hike covered a distance of 4.8 miles with a time of 4.5 hours.  The rest of the hikers covered approximately 7 miles and it took them about 1.5 hours longer.  The trail was beautiful and we saw some incredible Azaleas and Rhododendron (see photos).  There were trees down that did require some navigation to get around but everybody was successful.  I would rate this hike as moderately strenuous.  At deep creek, everyone admired the new bridge and this is where the group had lunch. 
I had an incorrect setting on my camera so some of my pictures failed miserably.  Thankfully, other members of the hike were not so incompetent.  If you would like to see some beautiful pictures taken by myself and other members of the hike, click here.   If you sent me pictures and they are not shown, please let me know.  If you are trying to view the photos through the TTA website and having trouble, please go directly to the BLOG at www.sdctta.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment