Weekly Trials and Tribulations of the Scenic City Chapter of the TTA

Weekly Trials. Tribulations and Photos experienced while hiking

Enterprise South 7.16.2024

 Enterprise South always is a pleasure to hike when the weather threatens to rain on our parade. If we are threatened by inclimate weather showing up, we can get off the trail fairly quickly. The trails are always in great shape. Depending on which trail we take, there is enough of a challenge, or not, to feel a little burn during the hike. This particular hike had that. The history of the park and the ammunition bunkers were a draw to the new hikers who had not seen them before – and they got to go inside one and experience the echo-chamber effect of the bunker. We kids love to do that. Though the weather was quite sticky at best, Enterprise South is blessed with a forest canopy that makes hiking in hot and humid conditions, bearable. We started the hike shortly after 7:30 am and finished before ll:00  am. It was an enjoyable 5 to 8 mile hike – depending on whose tracking device we looked at. I believe it was approximately 6 miles long.  By GPS, the hike was 6.4 miles and took 3 hrs and 25 minutes with 14 hikers attending.  Our average speed was 2.1 mph.  

 I would like to take this opportunity to comment on and thank the hikers who I have had the pleasure of hiking with these past 7 years. I have always felt the caliber of Scenic City hikers and hike leaders to be top of the line. I owe so much to those who have taught me so much about this wonderful hiking experience. I hope to enjoy the experience for as long as I can. Thanks Tim for leading from the front whilst I led from the rear.

f you would like to see some not so good pictures, maps and altitude graph, click here.

Insect puns really bug me!

No comments:

Post a Comment